Building for Win64 (was: Re: [Python-Dev] Re: Python 2.0 release candidate 1)

Trent Mick trentm@ActiveState.com
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 13:30:03 -0700

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 02:24:00PM -0600, Bjorn Pettersen wrote:
> - If you look in ia64xdevsdk\bin\win64 there is a cl.exe which is the
> Microsoft compiler. It works MUCH better. It's also binary compatible
> with the Intel ecl compiler, and they didn't have any problems with us
> switching.

Yes, I knew that that was there. I remember either some earlier problem with
it or some recommnedation to use the ecl.exe one. Anyway, ecl has worked for
me well enough, I just haven't tried the one in Win64/.

> My main interest is in having a python version that runs on the itanium
> box with socket support (they included socket support in sdk2 didn't
> they?) I.e. no need to provide a build mechanism for my needs if you can
> refer me to an executable ;-)

Well, Python's test_socket runs on my Win64 box so yes, socket support is
there. As far as referring you to an exe, I would rather not go down that
distribution road in preference to checking in my build scripts.

Trent

--
Trent Mick
TrentM@ActiveState.com