[Python-Dev] irritating 'No such file or directory' message (was Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/nondist/peps pep-0004.txt

Peter Funk pf@artcom-gmbh.de
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 15:54:58 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

Barry A. Warsaw:

>     Fred>   Wow!  I had noticed the bolluxed messages, but hadn't tied
>     Fred> it to Barry!  But I just checked the added files for this
>     Fred> month and spot-checked the ones from last month, and Barry's
>     Fred> all exhibit this problem, and no one else's do.  I wonder if
>     Fred> something is wrong with his SourceForge account?  Barry,
>     Fred> check your group memberships, please!  If nothing obvious is
>     Fred> wrong, submit a support request, because this is definately
>     Fred> annoying.
>
> I don't understand why this is happening, esp. just for me!  My
> primary group is users and I'm definitely in the python group as
> well.  Why would it be a permission problem anyway, since that's not
> what the error message is saying?
>
> Better log messages in syncmail would help diagnose this, but I
> haven't got the time right now to hack on that.

Just speculating: it has something todo with the current directory
where the cvs commit command is executed in or it depends on the
difference that the PEPs are under nondist and Freds files were under dist.

Possible ugly workaround for Barry: for new files first commit an empty
file and then the real file just a moment later. ;-)

Regards, Peter
--
Peter Funk, Oldenburger Str.86, D-27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Fax:+49 4222950260
office: +49 421 20419-0 (ArtCom GmbH, Grazer Str.8, D-28359 Bremen)