[Python-Dev] irritating 'No such file or directory' message (was Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/nondist/peps pep-0004.txt,NONE,1.1)

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 09:33:53 -0400 (EDT)

    Fred>   Wow!  I had noticed the bolluxed messages, but hadn't tied
    Fred> it to Barry!  But I just checked the added files for this
    Fred> month and spot-checked the ones from last month, and Barry's
    Fred> all exhibit this problem, and no one else's do.  I wonder if
    Fred> something is wrong with his SourceForge account?  Barry,
    Fred> check your group memberships, please!  If nothing obvious is
    Fred> wrong, submit a support request, because this is definately
    Fred> annoying.

I don't understand why this is happening, esp. just for me!  My
primary group is users and I'm definitely in the python group as
well.  Why would it be a permission problem anyway, since that's not
what the error message is saying?

Better log messages in syncmail would help diagnose this, but I
haven't got the time right now to hack on that.

-Barry