[Python-Dev] Re: [Bug #121013] Bug in <stringobject>.join(<unicodestring>)

Michael Hudson mwh21@cam.ac.uk
27 Nov 2000 20:38:35 +0000

Michael Hudson <mwh21@cam.ac.uk> writes:

> "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> writes:
>
> > > Date: 2000-Nov-27 10:12
> > > By: mwh
> > >
> > > Comment:
> > > I hope you're all suitably embarrassed - please see patch #102548 for the trivial fix...
> >
> > Hehe, that was indeed a trivial patch. What was that about trees
> > in a forest...
>
> The way I found it was perhaps instructive.  I was looking at the
> function, and thought "that's a bit complicated" so I rewrote it (My
> rewrite also seems to be bit quicker so I'll upload it as soon as make
> test has finished[*]).

It's at

    https://sourceforge.net/patch/index.php?func=detailpatch&patch_id=102549&group_id=5470

I want a way of submitting patches by email.  Is roundup in a usable
state yet?

Cheers,
M.

--
  "The future" has arrived but they forgot to update the docs.
                                        -- R. David Murray, 9 May 2000