[Python-Dev] New Wiki-based Python 2.0 Info Area

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 17:31:07 +0100

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 11:07:13AM -0500, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> So, I humbly present the Python 2.0 Info Area:

>     http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin

> I've added one critical patch, three non-critical (misc) patches,

Looks good. I'd never seen a Wiki thing before, and the naming requirements
takes a bit getting used to, but I think it looks great, regardless :)

It also reminds me that we still need to fix the erroneous conclusion by
configure that BSDI has large file support, just because it has an off_t
type that is 64 bit. (It does have that, it just doesn't use that in any of
the seek/tell functions available.) Trent, you were making noises about
looking at it, when I left for ApacheCon. Did you ever get to look at it ?
If not, I'll see if I can figure it out ;P Once it's fixed, I think it
should be added to CriticalPatches, but it might not be as straightforward
as pointing to a cvsweb URL ;P

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>