[Python-Dev] Adding LDAP to the Python core... ?!

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Wed, 31 May 2000 15:27:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
> Greg Stein writes:
>  > My WebDAV module implements an established protocol (an RFC tends to do
>  > that :-), but the API within the module is still in flux (IMO).
>
>   I'd love to see this sort of thing added to the standard library,
> esp. once packages are used there.  Especially if the implementation
> is pure Python (which I think your WebDAV stuff is, right?)

davlib.py is pure Python, building upon my upgraded httplib.py and
xml.utils.qp_xml (and pyexpat)

[ and recall my email last week that I've updated httplib.py and posted it
  to my web pages; it is awaiting review for integration into the Python
  core; it still needs docs and more testing scenarios, tho

  http://www.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2000-May/005643.html
]

davlib will probably be a 1.7 item. It still needs some heavy work to
easily deal with authentication (which is usually going to be required for
DAV operations).

Cheers,
-g

--