[Python-Dev] Adding LDAP to the Python core... ?!

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 31 May 2000 18:17:02 -0400 (EDT)

Greg Stein writes:
 > My WebDAV module implements an established protocol (an RFC tends to do
 > that :-), but the API within the module is still in flux (IMO).

  I'd love to see this sort of thing added to the standard library,
esp. once packages are used there.  Especially if the implementation
is pure Python (which I think your WebDAV stuff is, right?)

 > Is the LDAP module's API pretty solid? Is it changing?

  This I don't know.

 > And is this module a C extension, or a pure Python implementation?

  Mixed, I think.  There is definately a C component.  I'd rather it
be pure Python, but I think it's a SWIGged wrapper around a C client
library.
  Is anyone talking to the developer about this yet?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at BeOpen.com