[Python-Dev] Python 1.7 tokenization feature request

gvwilson@nevex.com gvwilson@nevex.com
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 18:14:43 -0500 (EST)

> David Ascher wrote:
> But the scheme you put forth causes major problems for current Python
> users who *are* using glass TTYs, so I don't think it'll fly for very
> basic political reasons nicely illustrated by Dave's response.

Understood.  I thought that handling standard entities might be a
useful first step toward storage of Python as XML, which in turn would
help make Python more accessible to people who don't want to switch
editors just to program.  I felt that an all-or-nothing approach would be
even less likely to get a favorable response than handling entities... :-)

Greg