[Python-Dev] Python 1.7 tokenization feature request

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 00:16:41 +0100

Greg wrote:

> > ...I can't think of a single reason why any sane programmer would be
> > writing programs in Microsoft Word or whatever it is that you're
> > talking about.
>=20
> 'S funny --- my non-programmer friends can't figure out why any sane
> person would use a glorified glass TTY like emacs... or why they =
should
> have to, just to program... I just think that someone's going to do =
this
> for some language, some time soon, and I'd rather Python be in the =
lead
> than play catch-up.

I don't get it.  the XML specification contains a lot of stuff,
and I completely fail to see how adding support for a very
small part of XML would make it possible to use XML editors
to write Python code.

what am I missing?

</F>