[Python-Dev] FW: Fixing os.popen on Win32 => is the win32pipe stuff going to be adopted?

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 21:52:24 -0500

[Fred L. Drake, Jr.]
> Tim (& others),
>   Would this additional text be sufficient for the os.popen()
> documentation?
>
> 	\strong{Note:} This function behaves unreliably under Windows
>         due to the native implementation of \cfunction{popen()}.

Yes, that's good!  If Mark/Bill's alternatives don't make it in, would also
be good to point to the PythonWin extensions (although MarkH will have to
give us the Official Name for that).

>   If someone cares to explain what's weird about it, that might be
> appropriate as well, but I've never used this under Windows.

As the rest of this thread should have made abundantly clear by now <0.9
wink>, it's such a mess across various Windows flavors that nobody can
explain it.