[Python-Dev] FW: Fixing os.popen on Win32 => is the win32pipe stuff going to be adopted?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 13:52:40 -0500 (EST)

M.-A. Lemburg writes:
 > Ehm, hasn't anyone looked at the code I posted yesterday ?
 > It goes a long way to deal with these inconsistencies... even
 > though its not perfect (yet ;).

  I probably sent that before I'd read everything, and I'm not the one
to change the popen() implementation.
  At this point, I'm waiting for someone who understands the details
to decide what happens (if anything) to the implementation before I
check in any changes to the docs.
  My inclination is to fix popen() on Windows to do the right thing,
but I don't know enough about pipes & process management on Windows to
get into that fray.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	  <fdrake at acm.org>