[Python-Dev] FW: Fixing os.popen on Win32 => is the win32pipestuff going to be adopted?

James C. Ahlstrom jim@interet.com
Thu, 09 Mar 2000 16:04:59 -0500

Greg Stein wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, James C. Ahlstrom wrote:
> > Of course I wanted you to do it instead of me!  Well, if
> > I get any time before 1.6 comes out...
>
> It *has* been done. Bill Tutt did it a long time ago. That's what
> win32pipe is all about.

Thanks for the heads up!

Unfortunately, win32pipe is not in the core, and probably
covers more ground than just popen() and so might be a
maintenance problem.  And popen() is not written in it anyway.
So we are Not There Yet (TM).  Which I guess was Tim's
original point.

JimA