[Python-Dev] FW: Fixing os.popen on Win32 => is the win32pipe stuff going to be adopted?

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 08 Mar 2000 09:46:14 +0100

Tim Peters wrote:

> Mike has a darned good point here.  Anyone have a darned good answer <wink>?

I'd suggest moving the popen from the C modules into os.py
as Python API and then applying all necessary magic to either
use the win32pipe implementation (if available) or the native
C one from the posix module in os.py.

Unless, of course, the win32 stuff (or some of it) makes it into
the core.

I'm mostly interested in this for my platform.py module...
BTW, is there any interest of moving it into the core ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg