[Python-Dev] New PythonLabs site revealed!

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 16:26:21 -0500

> > That's a good point.  A bump in major rev number is an /opportunity/
> > to break things, like a bone that hasn't healed right, so that they
> > can be fixed correctly.  We'll lose that for 2.0, mostly likely
> > because of the tight release schedule.

[David Ascher]
> Yes, I find that frustrating.  The story for months (years?) has been that
> we don't break things because it's a 'dot-release', and so we've shelved
> improvements left and right.  Now we don't have time to do those things even
> when it _is_ a major release.

You have no idea how frustration it is for me!  But sometimes the
marketing people force us engineers to act quickly.  Just be glad I'm
not following the release schedule that they had *wanted* me to

> Some advance notice would have been nice.

Same here. :-)