[Python-Dev] OT: A Day in the Life of p5p

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:17:46 -0700

> either-those-guys-are-nuts-or-they're-a-*whole*-lot-smarter-
>     than-us-and-i-know-which-of-those-i'm-more-likely-to-
>     believe<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim

I was sitting next to Gisle (the author of said document) when he started to
work on the Perl methods work for Zope. Within a day, starting w/ not
knowing anything about Python, he had Perl embedded in Python.  It says much
about the cleanliness of Python's design and the quality of its
documentation that Gisle could do that.  It also says a lot about Gisle, as
does the perlguts document

Not saying anything about anyone being nuts, especially when responding to
someone who talks about his in public. <ha&bang;/>

--david