[Python-Dev] Sourceforge Interface Concerns

Neil Hodgson nhodgson@bigpond.net.au
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 17:23:52 +1000

> How many people here have actually created accounts for themselves on
> SourceForge and tried to do stuff when logged in - raise bugs and so on?
> Did it work for you?  We ought to get a few data points before making this
> the way Python is managed.

   Its generally quite good for me now that I've upgraded from a modem to a
cable connection although there are brown-out periods. The only web browser
I have any success with is Navigator 4.6 and 4.7. Both IE and Mozilla give
poor results with SSL login. As far as getting other people to use the bug
logger, its been a complete failure. Its much easier to email me or the
mailing list.

   Some parts of SourceForge such as the file release upload are quite
poorly designed and are too unpleasant to use on a slow connection if you
have several packages for each release.

   Neil