[Python-Dev] CVS: python/dist/src/Lib/curses wrapper.py,1.2,1.3

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 21:25:23 +0200

Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> What happened is that your version failed to pass an error exception =
upwards
> after fielding it.  My test case was a buggy version of =
cmlconfigure.py, bug
> since fixed.
>=20
> Cleanliness is good, but the code has to work first.

umm.  as far as I can tell from the patch, there's no way your
code can work in a situation where try/finally wouldn't do exactly
the same thing.

if you *do* get different results (try inserting "raise whatever"
in the try clause to test this), it might be that you've stumbled
upon a real bug (either in Python or in the curses C bindings)...

</F>