[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Lib/curses wrapper.py,1.2,1.3

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:50:53 -0400

Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>:
> I just don't buy this.
>
> Look at that code. Look at the definition of finally. That code simply
> screams for the use of finally.
>
> Eric: just what happens? What is "broke things"? Do you have a reproducible
> test case that I can use?

What happened is that your version failed to pass an error exception upwards
after fielding it.  My test case was a buggy version of cmlconfigure.py, bug
since fixed.

Cleanliness is good, but the code has to work first.
--

Faith may be defined briefly as an illogical belief in the occurrence
of the improbable...A man full of faith is simply one who has lost (or