[Python-Dev] Creating curses package: OK?

Sat, 10 Jun 2000 11:42:50 -0400

[Redirecting a private conversation to python-dev]

On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 11:31:24AM -0400, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
>I found a workaround.  The two curses enhancements (traceback wrapper
>and text pad) are now working and ready to be integrated into the
>1.6 library.  How should we proceed?

OK; python-dev has discussed creating a curses package, and reaction
seemed favorable.  So, my plan of action is:

1) Rename cursesmodule.c to _cursesmodule.c. (Barry, can you do a 'mv'
inside the SourceForge CVS repository so the complete history of the
module doesn't get lost with the renaming?)

2) Create a Lib/curses/
directory; __init__.py does 'from _curses import *'.

3) The traceback wrapper can then be put into __init__.py, since I
assume it's fairly small and everyone should use it.  The text pad
stuff could then go in another module in the curses package.

Seem reasonable to everyone?

--amk