[Python-Dev] revamped Python web site

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 15:11:42 -0400

[KenM]
> - The humor page (i'm sad to see that languishing)

[Gordon, as always, guides our youth]
> A weekly nude Tim Peters jpeg!

[JeremyH]
> We were going to keep those on the pythonlabs.com internal site, but
> if Tim doesn't object...

[KenM]
> Anything for a buck, ay, now that you're in the commercial world?-)

After one of my recent "going away" parties here (I "get to" move to VA next
week), a group of old chums were sitting around the restaurant table,
belching up bad Italian cooking and speculating on our places in God's
Inscrutable Plan.  When it came time to pick on me, one naturally pugnacious
fellow-- emboldened beyond his normal aggression by wine --looked me
straight in the eye and demanded to know if there's *anything* I wouldn't do
for money.  Well, in point of fact I believe there are a great many such
things, but in the moment God only inspired me with one, and so I heard
myself retorting:  "Ya, sure, I'd fuck a dog for science ... but I wouldn't
take a job at Microsoft!".

strangely-enough-i-think-that's-backwards-ly y'rs  - tim