[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS:python/dist/src/LibSimpleHTTPServer.py,1.10,1.11

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 16:52:36 +0300 (IDT)

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Mark Hammond wrote:

[About SimpleHTTPServer.copyfile always using the default block-size]
> It is still more resonable to add a default param than to require a
> subclass.  The shutil author clearly thought so!

Ani Zatar!
I'm the shutil.copyfileobj function author, and the circumstances are
different. SimpleHTTPServer.copyfile is called by the methods which
are not overridable (in the sense of overriding them being supported),
so there is no sense in adding a default parameter -- you need to have
something persistent in the class for that: and that is either a variable
or method.

PS.
The "Ani Zatar" part is in case some Israeli reads the archive: it's
a non-funny joke in Hebrew, and I won't translate it.
--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
There is no IGLU cabal.