[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS:python/dist/src/LibSimpleHTTPServer.py,1.10,1.11

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 23:37:45 +1000

> But Mark, the "entire method" is simply a call to shutil.copyfileobj

OK - I looked at it before I updated CVS!  Oops :-)

> unless you want to define a class variable "BLOCKSIZE". It can
> be supported without duplicating the functionality of shutil.copyfileobj,
> but that sure sounds like an overkill....

Huh?  Well, shutil.copyfileobj appears to have a "length" param, which is
exactly what was being asked for (although possibly a poor choice of a
name!).

It is still more resonable to add a default param than to require a
subclass.  The shutil author clearly thought so!

Mark.