[Python-Dev] Request for guidance on documentation

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 16:45:20 +0300 (IDT)

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

>   I don't recall exactly, but I think it had a bit to do with the
> release scheduling (perhaps this was when the documentation was
> release lockstep with CPython?) and editorial control -- as long as
> you're willing to act as HOWTO editor, you should be able to release
> regardless of whether there's anything new to release in the standard
> library.

Neither of those reasons are enough not to put the HOWTOs in the CVS tree.
Editors can keep the version in the CVS current via the patch manager,
and release them as they need to. However, people who d/l Python will
automatically download the HOWTOs. Think of perldoc lol (lists of lists)
-- definitely "HOWTO" material, but in the Perl standard docs.

--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
There is no IGLU cabal.