[Python-Dev] failures in the regression tests

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@beopen.com
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 23:07:02 -0400 (EDT)

I am trying to keep track of failures in the regression test suite.
At the moment, all the available tests work correctly on my Linux
box.  I understand there are still problems with test_fork1 on some
SMP Linux boxes.  (I believe this error has been around for many
months.)  And that the test_winreg and test_winreg32 tests are failing
on Windows builds.

If you are aware of any other tests that are failing, please let me
know.  (Preferably by private email.)  We need to get the tests fixed
quickly.  As I write in PEP 200 (Python 2.0 release schedule):

>Failing test cases need to get fixed
>
>    We need to resolve errors in the regression test suite quickly.
>    Changes should not be committed to the CVS tree unless the
>    regression test runs cleanly with the changes applied.  If it
>    fails, there may be bugs lurking in the code.  (There may be bugs
>    anyway, but that's another matter.)  If the test cases are known
>    to fail, they serve no useful purpose.

Jeremy