[Python-Dev] PEPs on the web

Peter Schneider-Kamp peter@schneider-kamp.de
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 04:59:38 +0000

"Barry A. Warsaw" wrote:

>     PS> I have put up the PEPs on http://python.sourceforge.net/peps/
>
> Very cool, thanks!  And thanks to /F for his conversion script
>
>     PS> 1) Is that okay? No one cried out aloud and I got some
>     PS> agreement.
>
> Yes, but I would make a couple of suggestions.
>
> 1) Let's change the project homepage to point to
>    python.sourceforge.net with a prominent link back to
>    www.python.org.   Otherwise, /finding/ these peps and the other
>    useful information isn't as convenient.
>
> 2) I'm not crazy about the front page for python.sourceforge.net.
>    Do the links go with the blue box above or below the link?  The
>    first box say "On this site..."  Which is this site?
>    python.sourceforge.net or the site pointed to by the link above (or
>    below :)?  Do the blue boxes serve any real purpose?

I'm no big bad designer guy. I didn't like it either, but
I figured that (as it is in the CVS) someone would come around
and put something nicer there.

Well, I've tried my luck once again. Hope this one is better:
http://python.sourceforge.net

feedback-appreciating-ly y'rs
Peter
--
Peter Schneider-Kamp          ++47-7388-7331
Herman Krags veg 51-11        mailto:peter@schneider-kamp.de