[Python-Dev] PEPs on the web

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 15:30:33 -0400 (EDT)

>>>>> "PS" == Peter Schneider-Kamp <peter@schneider-kamp.de> writes:

    PS> I have put up the PEPs on http://python.sourceforge.net/peps/

Very cool, thanks!  And thanks to /F for his conversion script

    PS> 1) Is that okay? No one cried out aloud and I got some
    PS> agreement.

Yes, but I would make a couple of suggestions.

1) Let's change the project homepage to point to
   python.sourceforge.net with a prominent link back to
   www.python.org.   Otherwise, /finding/ these peps and the other
   useful information isn't as convenient.

2) I'm not crazy about the front page for python.sourceforge.net.
   Do the links go with the blue box above or below the link?  The
   first box say "On this site..."  Which is this site?
   python.sourceforge.net or the site pointed to by the link above (or
   below :)?  Do the blue boxes serve any real purpose?

    PS> 2) Should I put a link from http://python.sourceforge.net ?

Which of course you did, so thanks!

    PS> 3) What about making those PEPs xhtml (or something like
    PS> that)?
    |    Pros:
    |      - links from pep-000.txt
    |      - links from the other peps
    |    Cons:
    |      - harder to read in checkins
    |      - harder to edit
    |    (maybe we could use as little markup as possible?)

Definitely -1 as other have said.  PEPs should be plain text.  /F's
conversion script is perfect.

-Barry