[Python-Dev] Where to put the PEPs? (was: Re: Python-dev summary: July 1-15)

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:26:33 -0700

On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 09:12:02AM -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     Peter> But in the long run this probably should be automated. I only see
>     Peter> the password barrier:
>
>     Peter> scp pep-*.txt nowonder@shell.sourceforge.net:/home/groups/python/htdocs/peps
>     Peter> will make me enter my password/passphrase.
>
>     Peter> How would one go about doing something like that?
>
> ... ssh-agent ...

Easier than ssh-agent is to create an "authorized_keys" file. Log onto the
shell box and type "mkdir .ssh". Next, copy the .ssh/identity.pub file from
your local machine to .ssh/authorized_keys on shell.sourceforge.net.

From then on, SF will used the auth'd key rather than asking for your
password.

In the Account Maintenance pages on SF, there is a box for entering keys. I
haven't tried it yet (I entered my key, but had to wait for the cron job and
never went back to check). That should allow you to do CVS work without
entering a password either. It might also update the authorized_keys file on
the shell machine, too (i.e. obviate the step above)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/