[Python-Dev] Where to put the PEPs? (was: Re: Python-dev summary: July 1-15)

Thu, 20 Jul 2000 09:12:02 -0500 (CDT)

    Peter> But in the long run this probably should be automated. I only see
    Peter> the password barrier:

    Peter> scp pep-*.txt nowonder@shell.sourceforge.net:/home/groups/python/htdocs/peps
    Peter> will make me enter my password/passphrase.

    Peter> How would one go about doing something like that?

Assuming you are running on some Unix flavor, use ssh-agent to start your X
session:

    ssh-agent startx

and in your .xinitrc file (or equivalent) execute

    ssh-add </dev/null

You will be prompted for your passphrase.  It will be stored in the
authentication agent who will then do the passphrase dance on your behalf in
any of your xterm windows, from xemacs (using ediff, etc) or from other
ssh-aware programs.

--
Skip Montanaro, skip@mojam.com, http://www.mojam.com/, http://www.musi-cal.com/
"To get what you want you must commit yourself for sometime" - fortune cookie