[Python-Dev] PEP 201 - Parallel iteration

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 12:36:10 -0500

Moshe Zadka wrote:

> One of the things I love about Python is the clean namespaces. Each
> builtin function takes away some of the cleanliness. It's a tradeof, but I
> think we should be wary of tossing stuff into builtins just because we
> can't find a good place for them.

I feel the same way, but I hate importing basic functionality necessary
for every single script, no matter what the domain.

I wish there weren't so many exceptions directly in builtins. They
should go in a sub-module __builtins__.exceptions .

Just how compassionate can a Republican get before he has to leave the
GOP and join Vegans for Global Justice? ... One moment, George W. Bush
is holding a get-to-know-you meeting with a bunch of gay Republicans.
The next he is holding forth on education or the environment ... It is
enough to make a red-blooded conservative choke on his spotted-owl
drumstick.     - April 29th, Economist