[Python-Dev] PEP 201 - Parallel iteration

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 19:56:51 +0300 (IDT)

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Ka-Ping Yee wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> >
> > I've been thinking a little bit about the other generators, especially
> > irange().  I wonder if we shouldn't just be putting zip() and friends
> > in their own Python module and not make them builtins?
>
> I'd say put both zip() and irange() in builtins.  They're useful enough.

One of the things I love about Python is the clean namespaces. Each
builtin function takes away some of the cleanliness. It's a tradeof, but I
think we should be wary of tossing stuff into builtins just because we
can't find a good place for them.

--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
There is no GOD but Python, and HTTP is its prophet.