[Python-Dev] Patches

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:42:24 +0200

On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 09:18:31AM -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     Thomas> Now that everyone of importance is off to sunny California, how
>     Thomas> about we put some of the patches that have been idling on the SF
>     Thomas> PM to the vote ?

> As someone who has been assigned some patches that are still open (isatty,
> normpath fix, history functions for readline),

Don't forget: you can assign them to someone else if you feel you have too
much, or if you aren't the right person, or just don't feel like dealing
with that patch.

> I'm still pretty much in the dark about what my rights and
> responsibilities are.  Am I supposed to eyeball a patch and check it in if
> it looks okay (compiles, doesn't break "make test", etc)?

Yes, at the least. Also whether it complies to coding style, includes a test
(when necessary), etc.

> Am I supposed to bring it up for discussion on
> python-dev?

Possibly. I donno. That used to be done on patches, I gather, but that list
is kind of defunct, now. That's partly why I wrote the first posting in this
thread, to bring some of those patches to attention.

I don't think you're intended to be the Guardian Angel of those patches,
though, just the one checking them out. If you aren't sure, post here (or
patches@python.org), I guess. If you can't figure out what to do, assign it
to Tim<wink><wink>.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>