[Python-Dev] PEP 201 - Parallel iteration

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 01:11:47 +0200 (CEST)

Gordon McMillan wrote:

> To me, "zip" in the context of computers means compress.
> But it's a stupid name for compress. And one look at the args
> makes it obvious it's not a compress. So I expect that your
> typical newbie will do one, and only one "Huh??? Oh - zip as
> in zipper, not zip as in PKZIP" and never have to post again.

Right.

> wishfully-y'rs

My wish is to add fold() as one of the suggested names in the PEP,
then let this PEP spend some time in c.l.py. Give people a chance
to catch up, please. That's how the PEP process is intended to work.
The name hasn't been cast in stone. It's in the PEP, not in CVS.

end-of-story-ly y'rs
--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr