[Python-Dev] Python Enhancement Proposals (PEPs)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 19:11:27 -0400 (EDT)

Jeremy Hylton writes:
 > I think it stinks, but I'd hate to see distribution of these documents
 > hampered because someone comes along and denies us the right to use
 > it.  I'd be satisfied with a statement of copyright or the notice
 > "placed in the public domain" attached to each of them.

  The copyright and license are both required to ensure permission to
use, distribute, etc.  There are a few "open content" licenses, and a
reference to one of those should be sufficient.  I don't know which
one to recommend, however; that would require spending a little time
reading them.

 > My only concern is that without some explicit expression of rights,
 > some party might try to prevent us from distributing a PEP.

  You hit that nail!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>