[Python-Dev] Python Enhancement Proposals (PEPs)

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@beopen.com
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 19:09:12 -0400 (EDT)

  GS> It isn't like this stuff is Intellectual Property or
  GS> anything. It's just a summary of where the discussion is! It's a
  GS> communication mechanism to bring people up to speed on the
  GS> issues, concerns, and approaches.

This may not be material to the discussion: It's not just a summary of
discussion.  It's a real proposal, including specification for the
feature and rationale for the spec.

  GS> But something that needs to be copyrighted? Geez. That's just a
  GS> bit much.

I think it stinks, but I'd hate to see distribution of these documents
hampered because someone comes along and denies us the right to use
it.  I'd be satisfied with a statement of copyright or the notice
"placed in the public domain" attached to each of them.

My only concern is that without some explicit expression of rights,
some party might try to prevent us from distributing a PEP.

Jeremy