[Python-Dev] Python Enhancement Proposals (PEPs)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:10:19 -0400 (EDT)

Thomas Wouters writes:
 > Is there any reason not to include them in the standard Python licence, the
 > same as the documentation ? It is documentation, after all, even if it's

  In the IETF world, the Internet Society gets copyright of
everything, so there's precedent for this.  I don't think the
author-based model isn't exactly what we're looking for.  For
specifications, there's usually an editor (the shephard, not the PEP
Editor, in this case) who's name goes on there, with the copyright
belonging to the organization under whose auspices the specification
was written.
  For the W3C, the editors are named, and the copyright belongs to
MIT, Inria, and Keio U.  For us, the shephard is the editor and
copyright should belong to the Python community (somehow; IANAL, so
don't ask me how to do *that*).

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>