[Python-Dev] Python Enhancement Proposals (PEPs)

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 17:55:03 +0200

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 11:14:47AM -0400, Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> - a mail archive attached to the PEP that contains relevant
>   discussion.  A mail archive seems valuable for people interested in
>   the next level of detail, but I'm not sure what mechanism to use to
>   create one.  (It also seems valuable because the old "search
>   dejanews" certainly isn't stable in the long-term.)  Maybe PEP
>   authors could maintain their own archives.

Oh, good idea ! It'll also give me a good place to dump the two/three
threads I have been saving in my inbox ;) Barry, Tim, I was also keeping the
discussions on parallel-iteration and list-comprehensions. If you need
those, I can send them as a nice little (hee hee) mailbox.

> - a copyright notice.  As a strawman, I propose that the owner/author
>   of each PEP retains copyright, but must publish it under the
>   OpenContent license, <http://opencontent.org/opl.shtml>.

Is there any reason not to include them in the standard Python licence, the
same as the documentation ? It is documentation, after all, even if it's
about unimplemented features ;) But then, I'm not a bloody lawyer, so what
do I know.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>