[Python-Dev] Python Enhancement Proposals (PEPs)

Ka-Ping Yee ping@lfw.org
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 00:48:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> These things are called PEPs or Python Enhancement Proposals.

Excellent.  I think having these things documented in a persistent
way is a fabulous idea.

> PEP 201 discusses the parallel iteration feature.  I currently own
> this one, and have fleshed this out completely based on my
> understanding of the issues as of 2:45am 13-Jul-2000.  Use this as an
> example of the PEP format until PEP 1 is completed.

Great.  Thanks for doing all this work!

May i suggest small edits?

pep-0201.txt says:
|     exhausted.  The for-loop can also be explicitly exited with a
|     `break' statement, and for-loops can have else: clauses, but these
|     is has no bearing on this PEP.

These is has no sensible sentence, either. :)  Barry is has no
sleep lately too?

|     should raise an IndexError when the sequence is exhausted.  This
|     protocol is current undocumented -- a defect in Python's
|     documentation hopefully soon corrected.

"current undocumented" -> "currently undocumented"

|     For loops are described in the language reference manual here
|     http://www.python.org/doc/devel/ref/for.html
|
|     An example for-loop

Colons after "here" and "for-loop".

|     class _Marriage:
|         def __init__(self, args, kws):

Shouldn't that be "_Mawwage"?

I apologize... i'm having way too much fun at your expense.

-- ?!ng