[Python-Dev] co_lnotab and SET_LINENO

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 03:26:23 +0200 (CEST)

Ka-Ping Yee wrote:

> Now that we have co_lnotab, why do we still generate
> SET_LINENO opcodes?

It has been discussed before. To summarize:

- because these opcodes generate the callbacks from C to Python
- the debugger relies on them
- I haven't had the time to look seriously at the debugger and
  make it work without them. (this relates with breakpoints setting
  which requires generating callbacks for every source line)

And this is where we are. If you're volunteering to look into this,
I'll spend some time summarizing the pointers about this thread +
the existing code in the area. Otherwise, I won't bother <wink>

--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr