[Python-Dev] Re: CVS: python/dist/src/Include abstract.h,2.21,2.22

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:20:28 -0400 (EDT)

Jeremy Hylton writes:
 > change abstract size functions PySequence_Size &c.
 > add macros for backwards compatibility with C source
 > + #define PyObject_Length(O) PyObject_Size((O))

Jeremy,
  This should probably be:

#define PyObject_Length PyObject_Size

without the parameters.  This form can be used in the all the places
where it can now, including passing a function reference.  Seems like
a good idea to offer as little potential breakage as possible.
  Are you planning to update the API reference, or should I do that?
I'll be glad to do it; I've never liked the difference in the naming
either!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>