[Python-Dev] Re: test_posixpath fails

Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:19:47 -0500 (CDT)

    Jeremy> If I run the new test on my Linux box, I get two errors.  The
    Jeremy> second error looks innocuous, but the first one looks like a
    Jeremy> real bug.

Jeremy,

Mea culpa.  I wrote the commonprefix test assuming the adoption of my new
(corrected) semantics.  Looks like you are using the stock version that
examines prefixes character-by-character, which can return path prefixes
that don't exist.  Try applying this patch:

    https://sourceforge.net/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=100788&group_id=5470

Skip