[Python-Dev] list comprehensions again...

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 05:48:35 -0500

Greg Stein wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 12, 2000 at 04:25:33AM -0500, Paul Prescod wrote:
> > If you want to confuse a newbie, I'll claim that the "map" version will
> > do it more than the list comp. version.
>
> Just because map() might confuse people doesn't mean it is now okay to
> introduce *more* confusion.

But the map version is a very common convention! If we can make a common
convention more readable, that's a net win.
Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it.
	- http://www.cs.yale.edu/~perlis-alan/quotes.html