[Python-Dev] __SC__ #define?

Michael Hudson mwh21@cam.ac.uk
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 11:06:36 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
>   Ok, the use in floatobject.c can be removed; if defined, an ANSI
> signature was being used, which we want to be doing unconditionally at
> this point.  So I'm removing the test there.
>   The use in object.h is more confusing; the log messages are not
> terribly useful.  If anyone understands this one; I'd appreciate a
> pointer.  Appearantly (based on the message associated with the
> floatobject.c use), the define has something to do with a Macintosh
> compiler.

As Tim said, it's probably the Symantec C compiler, which is as far as I
know dead (it was more or less dead when I was last playing around
programming on the Mac, and that was several years ago).

So unless someone screams "I still use Symantec!", I'd say nuke it.

hmm-email-over-modem-and-telnet---joy-ly y'rs
M.