[Python-Dev] __SC__ #define?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 01:25:50 -0400 (EDT)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. writes:
 >   Does anyone know the purpose of the __SC__ define that's tested in
 > Include/object.h or Objects/floatobject.c?  I don't see anywhere in
 > the Python sources where it can be set, and those are the only two
 > places it gets tested.
 >   In object.h, it's used to determine the proper definition of
 > statichere, and in floatobject.h it's used to determine if an ANSI
 > prototype should be used.

  Ok, the use in floatobject.c can be removed; if defined, an ANSI
signature was being used, which we want to be doing unconditionally at
this point.  So I'm removing the test there.
  The use in object.h is more confusing; the log messages are not
terribly useful.  If anyone understands this one; I'd appreciate a
pointer.  Appearantly (based on the message associated with the
floatobject.c use), the define has something to do with a Macintosh
compiler.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>