[Python-Dev] RE: [Patches] [Patch #100745] Fix PR #384, fixes UTF-8 en/decode

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 15:41:27 -0400

[moved from patches to Python-Dev]

>> Patch #100745 has been updated.
>> Visit SourceForge.net for more info.

http://sourceforge.net/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=100745&group_id=5470

[Moshe]
> -1: Since when have we stopped supporting machines without 4-byte integral
> types? Or even non-standard 4 byte integral types? This looks extremely
> dangerous.

Indeed, Python *does* run on machines that don't have any 4-byte integral
types -- or at least it used to <wink>.  It doesn't run on any without an
integral type *at least* 32-bits wide, though.  Wouldn't the latter be good
enough for this patch?  That is, what's the requirement here for *exactly*
32 bits?

BTW, a sane collection of typedefs would be another good candidate for
pyport.h.