[Python-Dev] Problems with the new unicodectype.c

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 17:09:42 +0200

fred wrote:
> Thomas Wouters writes:
>  > even be that gcc is right, that the larger code is faster, in spite of
being
>  > larger.
>
>   It may be faster, but that doesn't mean the tradeoff is right.  ;)
> Ideally, this shouldn't take a lot of space, simply because we don't
> want to exclude platforms with substantial *memory* constraints.

yeah, but people porting SRE to small platforms can switch off
inlining completely.  if I do that on windows, the resulting DLL
is less than 20k.

which is pretty okay, I think, if you consider that the DLL contains
two separate regular expression engines, a scanner framework, and
lots of other stuff...

cheers /F