[Python-Dev] how do I release a cvs lock?

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Thu, 06 Jul 2000 10:15:53 -0500

> Sjoerd & Fred both let me know that I am locking the Modules directory.  How
> do I unlock it?  The "cvs admin" command looks potentially promising, but
> very low-level.

I doubt that cvs admin can help you -- it interfaces to rcs, which
doesn't do per-directory locking.

More likely a lock file used when you made a checkin or checkout is
accidentally left behind.  I believe you cannot remove this yourself
nor can I help you with it ([re]moving files in the CVS repository
tree is not for mere mortals).  Submit a service request, they usually
take care of it within a few hours.  (Click in the "Request Support"
entry in the SourceForge section of the left sidebar.)

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://dinsdale.python.org/~guido/)