[Python-Dev] how do I release a cvs lock?

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 07:06:28 -0700

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 08:54:40AM -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> Sjoerd & Fred both let me know that I am locking the Modules directory.  How
> do I unlock it?  The "cvs admin" command looks potentially promising, but
> very low-level.

If it is an adminstrative-lock, then yes: cvs admin is the trick. But I
don't think you can do that on a directory. So... it is probably a bungled
directory-lock (e.g. it didn't get cleaned up).

If so... then we probably need some SF admins to clean it up.

Hmm. I just did a "cvs update" in the Modules directory. No problem.

Sjoerd, Fred? What exactly are you referring to? I see nothing... (maybe
Skip cleared it already?)

Cheers,
-g

--