[Python-Dev] oh, and any interest in my readline history stuff?

Wed, 5 Jul 2000 23:58:11 -0500 (CDT)

    SM> for f in `ls *.c` ; do echo $f ; done

    SM> ... I find this particularly annoying and would much rather have the
    SM> line-by-line recall that older versions of bash (and now Python)
    SM> support.

    BAW> Not me.  I love this particular feature of bash.  I'm using 2.03.

    BAW> And it's one killer (IMO) feature of IDLE.

My main (error) reason for recalling a multiline command in bash is to
insert a command I forgot to include, which is probably why I detest the way
bash 2.x does command recall.  Does IDLE allow new lines to be inserted into
multiline commands or is it restricted to editing the existing lines?

ESR is probably pretty damn good at curses in Python by now.  Perhaps he can
blend readline and curses together into a "simple" multiline command recall
editor... ;-)

Skip