[Python-Dev] use PyCObject (was: CVS: python/dist/src/PC msvcrtmodule.c,1.4,1.5 _winreg.c,1.5,1.6)

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 17:34:50 -0700

On Sun, Jul 02, 2000 at 10:21:30AM +1000, Mark Hammond wrote:
> > > This is exactly what we do.  Trents patches are just for the
> > functions that
> > > return the underlying handle value as an integer (which is definately a
> > > useful thing to be able to do!)
> >
> > But I don't understand why you want an integer. From the Python
> > programmer's
> > standpoint, they just want a handle, right?
>
> Yes - but there _are_ functions that return the integer.  This is used
> mainly so the handles can be passed to external programs, or external API
> functions wrapped via SWIG, etc.

All right. I see the usage now. The checkin message didn't have enough
context, so I went and look at the darn file.

Ignore me :-)

Cheers,
-g

--