[Python-Dev] ML replies (was: CVS: python/dist/src/PCbuild readme.txt,1.5,1.6)

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 06:52:22 -0400

Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>:
> > This is one reason why munging reply-to is evil.  But in this case
> > we've agreed that following up to python-dev is more important than
> > preserving the ability to reply to the author.
>
> What about the Mail-Followup-To header? That can be helpful for some
> newsreaders (e.g. Mutt). Dunno how many observe it.

Eudora honors it, too.  It's not an official standard, unfortunately;
I was on the IETF committee where that battle was fought to a bloody draw.
But it's the best you can do.
--

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be
properly armed."